Secure your Facebook account with a hardware token
If you would like to enable hardware token two-factor authentication for your Facebook Account, you can use the miniOTP-1 card as an alternative to mobile application method by following the instructions below. The Token2 miniOTP-1 card is a "drop-in" replacement of mobile applications such as Google Authenticator or Token2 Mobile OTP. The only prerequisite is an NFC-enabled portable device running Android (v3.x and higher) and only during the enrolment phase. Subsequent logins will not require any other device, only the token itself will be needed.
- Log in to your Facebook account, and from the user menu on the right, select 'Settings'
- Navigate to "Security and login" page and click on "Edit" button next to 'Use two-factor authentication' option
- On the next page, click on "Get started" to start the enrollment process. You can also skip the first 2 steps by navigating to this link while logged on.
- Select "Authenticator App" in the Two-Factor Authentication dialog window and click Next
- On the next step, you will need to have your miniOTP-1 token and Token2 Burner App ready
Install Token2 Burner App and make sure your token is accessible via NFC.
You can test NFC access by "get OTP" button of the app: push the button on the miniOTP-1 device and hold it close to the NFC antenna of your Android device (usually below the camera on the back). Then on the Burner App, touch "get OTP" button. The OTP shown on the app should match the one displayed on the token.
- Now, launch Token2 Burner App on your Android device. Click on Scan QR button and scan the QR code shown on the page as described in the previous step. Then, push the button on the miniOTP-1 device and hold it close to the NFC antenna of your Android device (usually below the camera on the back). Click on "burn seed" button. The app should show "burn seed process succeeded" message if the process is successfully completed.
- Click Next and enter the OTP code generated by your token when requested by the wizard
- Once the correct OTP is entered, the enrollment process is complete.
Please note that our hardware token can be used not only to replace your mobile app but also in addition, i.e. it can act as a "copy" of your mobile authenticator app
Subscribe to our mailing list
Want to keep up-to-date with the latest Token2 news, projects and events? Join our mailing list!